Growing up in the Northeast I remember the months after Christmas as being pretty depressing. The pretty holiday decorations are gone, the skies are gray and spring seems a long way off. Journaling is a great way to use up some creative energy and constructively use your time when it might be tempting to binge on food, social media or Netflix. Here’s some February journal prompts and creative journaling tips to boost your creativity.
How to make your journal pretty
Washi tape is a paper based tape you can locate in most dollar stores and craft stores and online. There are various styles including florals, retro, glitter..really, too many to count!. You can use this tape to decorate the sides of your journal pages, to separate entries, or to mark off goals. You can even use it to decorate for certain times of the year or just to offer something different as a border.
Stickers are an easy and fun way to make your journal pretty. Look around at your local craft stores or see what’s on Etsy. They make it easy to express yourself through wording, inspirational quotes, or whatever fandom you may belong to. These stickers can be placed on the cover, inside, or throughout the journal.
Markers and Highlighters
Markers and highlighters can help you color everything from the date of your entry to goals and pages as a whole. No matter what you want to color or draw, you can do them with markers and highlighters. Keep in mind these are better for journals that are made of cardstock or heavy pages rather than composition notebook style journals or ones with traditional paper pages.
February Journal Prompts
- What does Valentine’s Day mean to you?
- Who is the person you think about the most this month?
- Have you listed your business goals yet? If not do it this month.
- The weather outside is…
- Explain what the words love and romance mean to you.
- It’s heart month, what small changes are you putting in place?
- Is your business on track?
- What’s the best business tool you find most worthwhile?
- I love to journal because…
- List two things you can do to clean out your closets to get ready for spring.
- What bulbs or seeds are you going to plant this year? Pretend if you don’t have a garden.
- The winter birds I love to see, and feed are…
- What new clothes do you want for this spring and summer?
- How many Valentine’s cards are you sending?
- Find a chocolate recipe you could make this month & describe how you made it, who you shared it with and how it turned out.
- How’s your product planning coming along? List out the products you plan on creating this year.
- What’s your favorite topic to blog about this month?
- What top qualities do you few as important in a relationship?
- What’s the funniest thing you have seen people do this month?
- Write about how you view your parent’s relationship.
- Be truthful and describe how February really makes you feel.
- What’s your favorite romantic movie to watch?
- Are you sick of this crazy weather this year? Let all your feelings out!
- What qualities do you love about yourself?