Did you set a resolution to start journaling this year but have fallen behind already? No worries, I’ve created some February Journal Prompts for you to begin anew. New Year’s Resolutions might seem a little silly, but they really are a great way to narrow down your focus to one or two main goals. They are not meant to be something miraculous and life changing (though they can be), but to take advantage of the new year with a fresh start. I personally like to refer to them as “intentions.” And best of all when you create intentions, you can start over any time of the year.
Maybe you want to lose weight this year, give up soda, start doing yoga, or stop a bad habit like overeating. When it comes to creating your New Year’s Resolutions, using a journal is one of the best tools at your disposal. It not only helps you decide on the resolutions, but helps to track your progress along the way.
What Do You Want to Accomplish This Year?
Begin by writing down everything you would like to accomplish this year. This might end up being a long list, which is totally fine. You are just starting with any idea you have in your head before you make your final decisions. Think of big things and small things, even if you don’t know that they will end up being a resolution. Consider your bad habits, something you want to implement, a goal you want to achieve, healthier lifestyle habits, a change in your routine, a place you want to visit, or a problem you want to solve.
What Did You Struggle With Last Year?
To add to your list of possibilities, write down anything you feel like you lacked or fell behind in the previous year. This can help you figure out where you want your focus to be, such as if you struggled with your finances this past year, you might want to look for a new job opportunity or work on your business more.
Write Your Thoughts
Go through and highlight or make a check next to anything that really speaks to you or you believe would make a positive impact in your life. Consider something you can do for the entire year, and doing that will help to make you happy or healthier, or just change your life in a positive way.
February Journal Prompts for 2020
- What is on your February bucket list?
- Do you have plans for Superbowl Sunday?
- What are your February goals?
- List 3 things you can change this month to reach your goals?
- What are some fun things you want to do this month?
- What makes you feel joy?
- It’s Send a Card to a Friend Day – who would you love to send a card to?
- What are you doing this month for self-care?
- Are you still on track with your resolutions?
- What part of your goals have changed?
- What is something about your personal life you want to improve?
- If you were granted one wish, what would you ask for?
- What is your favorite Valentine’s Day date of the past?
- How did you meet your significant other?
- If you could spend a weekend doing anything, what would it be?
- Add 5 more things to your bucket list.
- What is a random act of kindness you can do today?
- How has your mindset been lately?
- How can you improve your mindset?
- Are you an athletic person?
- What is something you can do today to help improve your life?
- If you were an animal, what would you be?
- If you could go on any cruise, where would you go?
- Imagine you could immediately go anywhere in the world – where would you want to go?
- If you could sit on a bench with anyone, who would it be?
- Write a letter to your pet – what would you say?
- What is an embarrassing memory from your school years?
- What is a good memory from your school years?
- This year is a leap year – do you have any memories from previous leap days?
- What are you grateful for this month?